Thursday, July 15, 2010

off we go!

well, the time has finally come! we are meeting at the church at 1am to head to the airport. so, in less than 12 hours, we will be on our way.

we are flying delta, flight 699 out of jfk. i believe it departs at 8:25am and lands in port au prince at 11:40am (12:40pm, our time). there is a one hour time difference between haiti and home.

please continue to pray for us. we are asking that our bags would not get lost, and that everything would make it through customs. people from the orphanage are meeting us as the airport and taking us back to ruuska village. we will probably spend the afternoon getting oriented and set up, etc. at this time, the plan is to start clinics, camps and construction on saturday.

we will write again as soon as we are able. feel free to leave comments, we will try to communicate them to the rest of the team. thanks for all of your prayers and support!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for you all! I wish I was there serving with you, but thanks for understanding I'm taking care of this lil one inside me :c) Can't wait to hear what God is doing and that your all there safe!
    Ryan, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you all. I am praying that God's work be done while you all are there.
    Miss and love you Matt S

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete